Tuesday, 30 March 2010

A Morning Out

I felt in need of a change of scenery this morning so, after dropping DS at nursery, I hopped on the Tube and went 4 stops east. The reason for visiting this bit of fairly posh West London is that there is a Cath Kidston store.
I didn't go with the intention of buying anything specific, but this lovely vintage cardi jumped out at me and made me buy it. In real life, it is a soft blue in colour, but under the spotlights in the changing room it looks somewhat grey, doesn't it? And, of course, the curtains across the doorway are made from Cath Kidston's beautiful fabric line.
It's another grey and damp day here. So much for British Summer Time having begun! And there's my train coming in to platform 1 to take me home again. I don't think I would like to live that close to the tube line, although I suspect that you'd stop noticing it after a while.



8 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ruth, I have fallen in love with Cath Kidston. Over the years, I've noticed some things in stores and have always gravitated toward them, and I think it would be neat to have a store nearby.

Love that picture of you as well as the neat card you bought and the curtains in the background. I hope your weather turns better. Ours is finally more like what we're accustomed to, and it's nice. Flowers are in bloom everywhere which will make a nice Easter. Speaking of which, hope yours is lovely. See you when I return...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deb said...

Glad you had some time to getaway on your own. It's fun for me to see the photos of your surroundings, and cute picture of yourself in that adorable sweater!

Liz said...

Don't you just hate it when things make you buy them? I'll get to see it next week so I'll know it's blue not grey!!

Riet said...

That looks nice on you. I don't know that brand but i am going to google if it sold in this country too.

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

thanks for sharing your morning out, I've been stuck inside on this brilliantly sunny day, but had a chance to live through your adventure today!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Jane said...

Love the cardigan - it looks really good on you! And the train picture -I used to love going into London on the train and looking into everyones gardens - I wouldn't choose to live that close to the tracks but I was always glad others did so i could be nosey lol!

Leann said...

Hi Ruth

Love the Cath Kidson fabric that you chose.

Enjoy your lovely new find!
Leann

dottydotty said...

fab cardigan I must pay a visit one day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...