Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Something From {Almost} Nothing: Prompt 5

Monday's prompt from Shimelle suggested using page protectors in the construction of a LO, rather than just using them as what they are intended for. It's the first time I've ever cut up a page protector, and it took me a while to work out the correct tension on the sewing machine.
In the end, I went with making two 6x12 wallets with 3 pockets for the Austria photos I am currently working on alongside this class. The pockets seen in the photo hold a collection of photos and journaling from a visit to Hitler's Eagle's Nest in Berchesgaden, Germany.
The second 6x12 pockets hold photos of Innsbruck's stunning Altstadt architecture and will be added to a DLO on Innsbruck (when I've done it!)

8 comments:

Rhona said...

I like how you made your pockets with the page protectors - what a great way to get more on to the layout.

Sian said...

It has turned out really well Ruth. I like this very much :)

Deb said...

I love what you did with this challenge, Ruth! I am inspired...

humel said...

I saw this on the forum and *loved* it :-) (Can't wait to see your Innsbruck DLO - we were there last summer - happy days!)

Bernie said...

What a great idea Ruth, well done.
.........:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Great idea Ruth,I really wish I was better with a sewing machine.Loved it on the forum, gorgeous photos x

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

hI rUth,,

that's really neat! I love using plastic pocket holders in unique ways..it just adds so much interest to any project!!! tres cool! my dear! tres cool!

ciao bella
carmelina

Amy said...

Great job Ruth, this looks fantstic. I really like the title and the stitching and the layers you have created - love the whole lot actually!