Thursday, 22 April 2010

Number Crunching

I bought wall decals for the new playroom a few weeks ago, but we had to allow a minimum of 3 weeks to pass before adhering them to newly painted walls. I'd been expecting them to be difficult to apply, so you can imagine my relief when I realised just how easy it was. This corner is between the lounge doors (left of photo) and the kitchen doors (out of shot on the right of the photo.)
I didn't photograph the wall between the kitchen doors and the back door, because the numbers are more than a little wonky! Two lessons learnt: 1) don't use your finger to rub them firmly onto the wall. Use the edge of a credit card, as suggested in the instructions, otherwise you get a blister on your finger and 2) don't chat to your mum while positioning them on the wall. They will be wonky.

8 comments:

humel said...

lol! Sorry, not laughing at the blister, obviously - poor you xx Love these numbers, where did you get them?

Liz said...

They're not wonky...just artistically placed!!

Jane said...

Oh I love them!!! I bet your little boy does too! I'm glad to hear they are easy to do - I ordered a tree decal from Stampin Up a month or so ago and was worried about how easy it was going to be to put up.....

Amy said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! These look fantastic - what a great idea :-)

Bernie said...

I like them but I couldn't find the "9"....did I tell you how much I like numbers.......:-) Hugs

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wonky or not, they look pretty snazzy, Ruth! Love this!

Checking in from my exile in the hopes that I be blogging again soon, provided the workmen finally get finished!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rhona said...

What a great idea for a playroom, they look fantastic and wonky is just more creative!

Sian said...

Ruth, these are fabulous! Very stylish indeed.