Saturday, 17 April 2010

Shimelle's Having A Party!

Over on her blog this weekend, Shimelle is hosting an online crop with challenges galore, and even some prizes on offer. Do pop across and take a look; there's loads going on. So far I've only managed one challenge, which was to use bunting.As you can see, I opted to scrap the photo of my washing! I also tried to remember Shimelle's advice from her Something From {Almost} Nothing class by using stash I've had for ages ~ large pale yellow brads, buttons and Bazzill's Just The Edge strips. I cut triangles on my Cricut, one and a half inches, for the bunting and deliberately laid them on the cardstock anyway which way, because that is how my washing usually looks on the line. Isn't the patterned paper just brilliant? It's by Prima, and I wish I'd bought more than one sheet!
I used repositionable glue to hold them in place while I stitched the washing line and I used Stazon ink and Banana Frog's large Pharmacy stamps for 'smells' and 'like'.
I hope to be able to take part in more challenges tomorrow, but we'll see. What about you? Are you managing to join Shimelle's party?

3 comments:

humel said...

Oh wow, Ruth - I love the washing line bunting thing you've got going on here! What a fab idea! :-)

I've been partying hard all afternoon, but may not get much time to join in tomorrow :-( I'll do my best!

Sian said...

I love the washing line bunting idea (I love that paper too)

Amy said...

Very impressive Ruth, I've not managed one at all! I love the bunting/washing theme :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...