Monday, 17 May 2010

137/365

~ Peanut Butter delight ~
The other day, Sian asked me how I decided which photo "showed" my day best, and she also wanted to know if I took loads of photos each day. Truth is, of late, I've been struggling with the whole 365:2010 project: my life is very structured just now and revolves mostly around DS in the daytime hours. And if I'm bored with showing you my mundane life, then surely you must be bored looking at it? I do try to take at least 6 or so photos each day, in order to allow for choice, but there really is only so many times that I can show you DS on the Common, DS on the potty (or not, as the case may be!), DS reading a book. However, I suppose that's the whole point of a photographic challenge ~ to look at your bit of the world differently.
And I already have a plan in mind for tomorrow ...

8 comments:

Sian said...

No definitely not bored looking! But I do understand what you mean about your day: I was looking at some old photos the other day of when the kids were really little and home all day, and lots of days did seem to blur into one. But trust me, it all passes so quickly and you'll hear yourself saying things like "Did you shave this morning before you went out?" in what seems like no time at all. THEN today's photos will seem important :) Thanks for answering my question.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think this challenge is neat, Ruth. We're not bored looking at your pictures. As a matter of fact, I'd like one (or more) of those cookies, please! ;-)

Kim said...

Love the cookies! :) It seems boring now, but you will miss it. My baby boy turned 15 this weekend. I have been a bit teary eyed.

Liz said...

I know what you mean. I hop between work, food shopping and home (where your DN has taken a dislike to the camera!!)That's why we had washing yesterday as apart from housework I didn't do anything. Some days I don't take a picture till late as it's a last resort!! Like today for instance!!

Wrightboysmum said...

I have been lax of late for commenting but I'm not bored with the photos. I love the challenge and am tempted to try it as well. Although it seems mundane to you at times I find it really fascinating as I do the same things as well.Maybe next year I'll join in.

humel said...

Not bored at all xx And remember, repetition is fine - there will be differences in the angle, lighting, weather, outfits... If it's something you do often, then it's worth including it more than once.

Having said all that, I do try to get something new and different in my shots if I can - different ways to represent the weekly supermarket shop, for example - so I do understand what you mean! :-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

365 is a challenge at times, especially when your life is mostly a routine. I did my first one specifically focusing on the boys toys because I knew that was what I would end up with anyway. It became fun to find new ways to photograph train & dinos over 365 days

Bernie said...

I love coming here each day to see your photo's......in fact it amazes me how you are able to do this every day and it is always so pleasing to me.....:-) Hugs