Monday, 17 May 2010

Eight Over Eight

So, Mel is responsible for this post. She suggested that you look in the area on your PC where you keep your photos and select the 8th folder. Open up that folder and select the 8th photo. Post what you see. Go on, have a go, you know you want to.
The beautiful Chrysler building in New York City ~ my favourite. The date is 4 September 2006. I am 5 months pregnant and I have taken my mum for a 3-night stay. I used DH's Virgin air miles to buy our Premium Economy seats. It was my mum's first ever visit to the USA and she loved it. In particular, she loved New Yorkers (no-one was rude to us) and eating breakfast in Grand Central Station. Mum plans to go again for her 70th birthday in 2013 and wants me and my sister to go with her. Oh, okay, if I must!

8 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Sounds like fun!

Bernie said...

Love New York city, my niece lives across from Central Park. I keep saying I am going for a visit and see a Broadway Play, just have to make plans and go. I think you were wonderful to take your mum on the trip.......:-) Hugs

Deb said...

Hi Ruth ~ Just catching up over here... I love the photo you posted. I was in NYC with Carrie in June of 2006 and we walked a long distance toward this building thinking that it was the Empire State Building. (oops!)

Your God-daughter is absolutely adorable! Hope you all had a great weekend. :o) xo

Amy said...

Gosh, your 8th couldn't be further away from what mine was! We were both pregnant though :-)

Sian said...

That was a bit of an adventure :)

humel said...

Wow, great photo and great story behind it :-) Lucky you! I've never been to New York (not yet, anyway...)

Denise said...

Great photo, great idea - I've just played along too !- Thanks,great memories x

Liz said...

I'll have to give this a go.