Sunday, 13 June 2010

Oh, Such A Perfect Day

We have spent today with the InLaws in Maidenhead and had such a perfect day. The weather was kind, so we were able to spend a lot of time outside; DS behaved beautifully, no tantrums because of a missed nap and no accidents on Auntie L's floors.Yours truly was asked to be in charge of the camera. I took this to mean that I could construct the shots I wanted and no-one seemed to mind being told, "No, stand here, not there!" When I was setting up the shot above, I realised that DS has a direct bloodline or familial DNA to everyone in the shot, bar one. And that's quite something.

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

Lovely photo! It's wonderful to have photos of your children with family members, so you can tell them all about their extended family and the people they rarely see...
Well done to your boy for his exemplary behaviour - it's great when they rise to the occasion and behave so nicely (though most people are quite understanding about toddlers - but it's nice not to worry about it and to see them doing well). Hope a suitable small reward was forthcoming (after all, it would encourage a repeat performance in the future!)

A lovely post, Ruth. I remember some of my relatives with fondness and it's good when I find a photo with them in. This is something lovley to keep for your son.

Sian said...

I wish I had a few more photos like this. Well worth making the effort to line everyone up.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a wonderful photo, Ruth! This is something he will cherish always.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Leann said...

Oh what a true family heirloom in the making!!

Leann

Martha said...

Delightful photo, truly a family treasure.

Liz said...

Nice to see them all together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...