Sunday, 11 July 2010

192/365

~ My "book" ~
No, it's not a novel. It's a culmination of 5 years research and work about British and Commonwealth War Graves (plus a few Americans), all 104 pages ~ it's not likely to ever reach the top of the Sunday Times Bestsellers List, or even feature in it anywhere at all. It's at the proof reading stage now, and as BF is currently training to be a proof reader, she may be about to land her first commission. DH said recently, "Where's your book? Stop faffing. Get. It. Done." So I have.

11 comments:

Sian said...

Wow, that's quite an achievement Ruth. Are you getting it printed up?

humel said...

Wow, good for you :-) That's such an achievement! xx

furrypig said...

Wow! What an amazing achievement you should be really proud!

Kirsty.a said...

Congratulations

Lulu said...

I know at least 2 copy editors who should probably see your manuscript before my pens go anywhere near it (but thank you for the mention!) ... shall I ask their advice or just ask for business cards?

PS My blog's been refreshed...please take a peek!

Bernie said...

Well done Ruth, I would find this a very interesting read....:-)Hugs

Wrightboysmum said...

Well done on getting it finished. What's next?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What you did with this is much more important that a best seller, Ruth! I am so proud of you. GREAT job on a fine topic!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lizzie said...

Well done you! And good for DH - sometimes we need a friend or partner to issue a verbal kick in the pants!
I hope you get the proofreading done soon and get on to the publishing stage. Good Luck!

suddenly sahm said...

that.is.so.cool.

Liz said...

Bugger!! does that mean I'll be the only unpublished sibling? No likelyhood of that ever happening here so I'll just have to read yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...