Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Washington: Capitol Hill

Today's excursion was to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, which doesn't allow photography. I don't think that I can do justice to it with my own words, but what I will say is this: incredible, emotional, horrendous and inspiring. In the main entrance lobby there is an inscription carved into the wall: You are my witnesses ~ Isaiah:43:10.
From there we headed along the Mall area to Capitol Hill ~ it was much further than we thought, and also much hotter! We were soaking wet by the time we got to the Hill. The architecture is stunning, and parts of it reminded me of St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
We were sensible on the way back to the hotel, we caught the Metro!

6 comments:

Bernie said...

I envy your trip, Washington is so beautiful......:-) Hugs

Cheryl said...

I am so Jealous Wahsington just looks so amazing x

Amy said...

I can tellby those clouds that it is steaming!

humel said...

I love the portrait shot paired with the landscape :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I haven't been to the Holocaust Museum, but we donated money to it when they were building it. I will never forget reading about the Holocaust for the first time when I was young and how profoundly it affected me. Glad you got a chance to visit.

And I love the capital. It is a beautiful building, indeed.

Have fun!

XO,

Sheila :-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Beautiful photos!