Saturday, 28 August 2010

240/365

~ A day of learning ~
I spent today at the Society of Genealogists in Central London, attending a seminar called My Ancestor Was Irish. The 3 speakers were witty and informative, and I came away at 5pm knowing more than I had done at 10.30am. I do, however, need to revise my history of the Irish Potato Famine.
I also learnt today that the Circle Line on the London underground is no longer a circle and that if you travel on the Hammersmith & City line to Hammersmith, you actually come in to a secondary station, rather than the main hub.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Hammersmith is where we stayed in July.

Sounds like a fascinating day out - I'm intrigued to know what you knew/didn't know about the Famine.

humel said...

That sounds so interesting :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...