Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Big Idea Festival #2

I've been trying to keep up with what is happening at the Big Idea Festival over on BPS, but the dreaded lurgy has defeated me. Some days, I haven't even had the energy or inclination to open up the daily pdf. But, today, I've felt somewhat better, and so felt able to have a play this afternoon.
On day 2, Tracey Clark suggested making gift tags with photos and text ~ I adapted this idea to make a Christmas tag ... apologies for mentioning the 'C' word in August! Today's suggestion from Amy Sorenson was all about books, so using her booklet template I rustled up this mini book to record the details of my favourite books (future generations may just find it interesting ...); there's enough space for 16 books. I thought I'd make one for DS and one for DH, too.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Projects are great but how cool is the new blog look! I use this template as well and there are a lot variations and ways to use it ... looks fabulous Ruth :-)

Deb said...

Love the new blog look, Ruth! And the tag and minibook are awesome too! xo

libby said...

Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your blog since I discovered it in June (just before leaving for a 6 trip to the UK). Love your scrapbook style.

Libby

Rhona said...

Love the tags (even with the C word) and that little booklet is a great idea. Hope you're feeling better soon! x

Sian said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better soon :)

Fab, fresh new blog look! I've got one in the planning stages too - it must be something about that back to school feeling, like wanting to start writing in a new notebook.

Denise said...

Hope you are feeling A1 again very soon.
Your new blog looks great and I love what you've done for the Big Idea projects x

furrypig said...

Get well soon! Love the idea of your 'good reads' and the Christmas tag is so cute xxx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love what you have done with the blog!