Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Lemon Drizzle Loaf

This is really easy to do and tastes divine!

6oz Stork, plus extra for greasing (given that Stork is a brand, I suspect that any butter will do);
6oz self-raising flour;
1 tsp baking powder;
6oz caster sugar;
3 medium eggs;
2 tbsp milk;
Finely grated zest of 2 unwaxed lemons.

For the lemon syrup:
Juice of 2 lemons, strained;
4oz caster sugar.

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and grease and base-line a 2lb loaf tin.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn out onto a wire rack.
For the lemon syrup, gently heat the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. While the cake is still warm, drizzle the syrup over. Slice and serve warm.


5 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks delicious! The Thank You card arrived, and thanks for the lovely photos x

Liz said...

Looks delicious. I might have to make one this weekend :0)

Like the new look blog.

Amy said...

I'd better try this .... I mean, it has lemons and all - I have a sad addiction to lemons!
I'll work out my oz, cups and grams and see how I go :-)

Lizzie said...

Yuuum... I have added a link to this post, to the "How to Do Clever Stuff" section of my blog sidebar. Hope that's ok - let me know if not!
It really sounds great. I will try this soon.
BTW hope you are soon feeling better.

Beverly said...

looks delish! I got that the Stork is butter (unsalted?) but do you know the American translation for caster sugar? Assuming granulated but wanted to make sure :) THANKS!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...