Tuesday, 28 September 2010

271/365

~ A new era begins ~
DS went off for his first unaccompanied session of Nursery this morning.  There are 3 short sessions this week and then full time (3 hours per morning) from next Monday.  I need not have worried that he wouldn't settle ~ he loved it!  He actually ran in through the door and went straight to the colouring desk, without even stopping to take his coat off!  It was exactly the start I was hoping for, but I have to admit to a mummy moment.  I actually felt my heart squeeze as I looked at him happily waving me off. 
And tomorrow sees the end of a particular era.

8 comments:

Sian said...

Wow, that's a big moment! I'm thinking about you both as you make those readjustments to a new routine (more genealogy? more crafting? what are your plans?)

Rhona said...

Oh my, I'm glad he was so happy to go in but I remember those heart squeezing moments only too well - I'm afraid your baby is growing up. To begin with you may well wonder what to do with your free time - but not for long ;) xx

Deb said...

Oh so sweet, Ruth. I'm so glad that he was excited to go, rather than clinging to your leg and begging you not to leave. Makes it so much easier that way! :o)

Liz said...

He looks so at home that next week won't seem so bad.
What to do with your ME time?

Bernie said...

Tomorrow is also the beginning of a new era....each age is wonderful and I know you will enjoy them all. .......:-)Hugs

Amy said...

Good for him! Must be all that wonderful preparation his mother has done with him :-)

Lizzie said...

It can be hard to watch them as they grow - you feel so proud, yet there is that little bit of you that doesn't want it, because they might not need you any more... My DS still does and yes, I still have those "heart squeezing" moments - and he turned 13 at the weekend!
New nursery eh. He looks quite grown up in that lovely photo - and I see the smart new shoes too!

humel said...

Oh, gosh - I know exactly what you mean. I even felt my heart squeeze when my two started back at school this September, and they're now in Year 6 and Year 4! Big moment :-)