Friday, 3 September 2010

Channeling Amy

I've taken a leaf out of Amy's Scrapbook today ~ I'm frequently impressed with how she scraps in the moment, in the here and now. A fantastic photo of her child/children or the current lamentable state of her veranda and, wham, before you can say Waltzing Matilda, she has it recorded for posterity on a terrific page. Amy also scraps in a style similar to mine, although I do think that she is better at it. DS totally ruined our walking the dog this morning by his constant refrain of, "I want ..."; he was none too happy when Mummy told him a very firm "no" after his umpteenth refrain of, "I want a snack", bearing in mind that he had already eaten breakfast (2 bowls of cereal and 2 yoghurts), munched his way through his daily fruit box and scoffed the daily mini-snack box of bread sticks, rice cakes and raisins. It was still only 10am. On returning home, he was sent to his room (for the heinous act of spitting at me (right up there at the top of my that's-very-naughty-and-I-will-not-have-it-list)) and I had a large mug of tea and a huge piece of chocolate. I find tea and chocolate are the perfect remedy for when your child has pushed you to the limit and throttling them is not an option ...
The journaling reads: It's an ongoing process to have you learn that you can't always have what you want. A tantrum from you resulted in a shortened walk for the dog and bad temper for Mummy. ~ 3 September 2010.

9 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Love the layout!
Hugs on the day. I'd love to give you the ol' "It gets easier" refrain, but...honestly, it all just changes.

Liberty :) said...

ahh but he is SO cute! :)

Riet said...

You poor thing but good there was tea and chocolate! lol He is growing fast so wants food. LOL

humel said...

Oh dear.... The times I've needed chocolate after a run-in with The Girl! Hope he's in a better mood tomorrow xx

humel said...

Completely forgot to say how much I like the layout! xx

Amy said...

Ruth ..... I can't see the layout - your photos are not loading! This has happened at a couple of blogs for me today, I must have a problem at this end :-(

What you are describing is the best sort of thing to scrap I reckon, the thing is, you are in the moment too and the journaling is exactly how it is! Your DS sounds just like the young lassie over here - such a challenging age as they are gaining a little independence. Except she doesn't eat, my problem is around getting her to ingest something throughout the day.

Do you think you could email me the photo of the layout? I'd love to see it :-)

Liz said...

Oh dear. At least chocolate will never give you a bad temper. Good to know there was still some in the house!!
LO is great and perfect that you should journal the good with the bad.
Hope H is in a better mood today x

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great layout!

Denise said...

Oh I so remember those push you to the limits moments - great layout x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...