Monday, 4 October 2010

Reclaiming DS

After mulling over all the comments I received for this post, I've invested in a copy of Raising Boys by Steve Biddulph and I've made a good behaviour chart for DS ~ smiley faces or sad faces, depending on the situation.
I don't know why I didn't make a chart earlier, given that DS is extremely eager to get a 'smiley' face.  I suppose that it was a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.  Here's hoping for an improvement in the small person's behaviour and a better understanding from his mummy as to what makes him tick.

5 comments:

Liz said...

We've had many a chart in this house too. Hope he gets lots of smileys x

Ladkyis said...

Sometimes as a parent you are too close to see clearly. Loving your child as much as you do can make you a little visually impaired and reluctant to want them to change. I remember those days so well - they are still happening even though my babies are now all over 40!
Don't over think the position of parent. Just remember that you are his mum and he will love you even when he doesn't like the restrictions and rules he will always love you and you will always be in the unique position of being his mum. most of all enjoy every moment because they grow so quickly

Amy said...

Oh bless the charts - I love them! They work very well - well, they do here anyway!

Sian said...

I really hope it helps :) I can guess how hard it is when he looks as if he has the face of an angel no matter what he is up to!

humel said...

Good luck - hooray for charts, The Girl still loves them too!