Wednesday, 17 November 2010

December Daily

This year, I'm tackling December Daily, run by Ali Edwards, as my Christmas scrapping project.  Last year I completed Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day, which I'd held over from September, and the year before, I completed the marathon that is Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas.
Ali very sensibly advocates plenty of forward planning, in order to complete the album in December with the minimum amount of fuss.  Here's how mine is looking:
An 8.5x11 cord-covered album by American Crafts, purchased here.  I've added a Santa tree decoration as an embellishment, purchased here
The opening title page is 8.5x11.  I used cream Bazzill Bling cardstock, Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses patterned paper (the 6x6 size, as I preferred a smaller actual pattern) and Ali's December Daily logo (which she kindly offered up for free via her blog).  The font is Impact and last line reads: A record of the minutiae of life for the XXX family in the run up to Christmas.
Once past the opening title page, I've opted for a variety in page sizes: divided pockets with folds (pocket is 5x5 and fold is 2x5), 7x5 and whole page divided pockets (nine 2x3).   
I'm using Pink Paislee's Parisian Anthology refill pages and I purchased them here.  I found this online shop by posting a question about Parisian Anthology on UKScrappers.
 I haven't prepped every single page yet, but I still have time.  I'm loving how the feel of the album is taking shape when viewed from above.
Cardstock colour will be red, green or cream.  Embellishments will be kept to the minimum; mainly Christmas-themed brads and co-ordinating ribbon.
You can join in the fun and link your December Daily project directly to Ali's blog here.  I hope some of you will join in with me during December.  Scrapping projects are always much more fun when shared with friends. 

11 comments:

Rhona said...

Ruth, I'm seriously thinking of doing the December Daily this year too. I've bought Ali's templates but haven't quite decided how I want to do it yet. Will let you know if I jump on board. xx

Robyn said...

I was looking through Ali's list and thought, 'hey! Is that *my* Ruth?!?" and sure enough! ;)

I LOVE that little Santa! How stinkin' cute! And I love the squares and circle you have on your title page.

cute cute!

Amy said...

Like last year I will be taking on a digital format as it it far quicker for me. I have purchased Ali's templates and overlays she released this year and will be printing from home in an 8x8 format, to put altogether in my AC red album from last year which is packed away in a box somewhere!Last year I went through our school holidays as well - not sure if I will do the same this year - it was a big job!
Your album is looking lovely Ruth, I really like all of you paper choices.

Jocelyn said...

Ruth your album is looking great already! I am going the digi route, I would never get it finished with all that cutting and glueing stuff!

Cheryl said...

Love the look of your album so far Ruth you are so organized x

Deb said...

LOVE the start of your December Daily album, Ruth! I'm sure you will rock at this, considering how well you did with the MeTAV! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses next month... xo

Sonja Chandler said...

Ruth, I really like the use of an ornament as a page tag. The Santa is really adorable and really creative! Thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

Love the journal but I think I'll steer clear. My track record this year isn't brilliant.

furrypig said...

Wow that's looking great! I am going to do my first ever JYC with Shimelle this year but will probably incorporate some of the December Daily ideas too.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Your album looks great!

I'll be doing JYC for the 3rd time, but with a mix of December Daily since some of the prompts have been adequately covered already in previous albums

Clare D. said...

I love the Santa embellishment/bookmark! What a great idea!