Wednesday, 15 December 2010

December Daily ~ The 15th

The one involving carrots.

Today was a day where I had one story planned, but it soon became obvious that I'd be telling another.  DS was too poorly to attend his Nursery Christmas Party today. I'd already prepared a large bag of chopped up carrots as our contribution to the Christmas Tea (carrots requested by the school, not my idea), so I asked the mum of one of DS's friends to take it in to school for me and offer our apologies.  (I had also offered to help out.)
So, on the left you have the story of the non-party and the photo of DS asleep in our bed.  The middle just shows a better perspective and the right shows the letter the school sent home about the party and the photo of the carrots.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, poor little guy missing out on his Christmas party! :o( I hope he feels better soon. Your pages are adorable, Ruth! I just love looking at your work. xo

Kirsty.a said...

Shame! Still if all he missed was munching on carrots, maybe not too bad! Not my idea of a good time

Amy said...

Oh what a shame for DS - I hope he feels better soon, a good sleep often helps to make them feel better!
I admire your chopping for the cause ;-)

PEG said...

Carrots ? What an idea !!!
hope your son is going better now.

Robyn said...

You are rockin' and rollin' with this album! I always see your name right away in Ali's list! I'm so impressed!

humel said...

I'm so sorry he was poorly, but I totally love how you've recorded this in your album, keeping the letter, the photo of carrots, the whole story.... Love it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...