Wednesday, 1 December 2010

December Daily ~ The 1st

I had rather imagined that I would be posting my December Daily pages a day in arrears ... but I hadn't factored in the ease of having the album already prepared.

Day 1 ~ the visit to Santa.
It's not the best 'visit-to-Santa' photo, but it's going to become part of our Christmas history.  (You can see 2009's visit here and 2008's visit here.)  It's not the best scan either, due to the bulkiness of the brads.  The 3 photos on the RHS are: outside of Santa's Grotto, the flash ticket (which we couldn't keep) and Mr. Snowman (Santa's gift to DS).  Patterned paper is Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses (the 6x6 size), the tree was cut on my Cricut (Christmas Cheer cartridge) and sprayed with silver Glimmer Mist, snowflake overlay is Making Memories, I think, and the alphas are American Crafts Thickers ~ Jewelry Box range.
And in case you were wondering why we went to visit Santa so early in December, it's to give me time to make Christmas cards featuring the photo.   

8 comments:

furrypig said...

What a great start looking good xxx

Deb said...

Well look at you with your first page done and posted. I suppose having the album done has been a big plus. Your first pages are so cute, Ruth. xo

Bernie said...

Christmas is so much better when sharing it with children.....:-)Hugs

Rhona said...

I am impressed, well done for getting the first page done already. I'm hoping to play with mine today and post tomorrow (or later today if I get my act sorted out!) Mine is going to be super simple though :)
xx

dawn said...

I love how you made your first page. Great idea with the baseball page protectors and look how much you got to fill it. I have that same paper kinda planned for my first day also. you just gave me a good idea about cutting it up, I was still working on mine and think this will help it. We go early to see Santa too, sometimes the day after Thanksgiving.

Sian said...

That sounds like a great plan - it'll make a very cute Christmas card!

Heather said...

That's such a great idea to use the 6x6 paper pad in a mini! I always wondered what people did with those things and now I know, because the designs are smaller! Makes total sense! LOL Great pages, you're off to a good start! :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great start for your album!