Tuesday, 21 December 2010

December Daily ~ The 21st

The one where we went visiting.
Given the recent weather conditions & DS being poorly, we haven't been venturing too far afield of late.  However, today we had a plan.  And it worked.  We made the 50-miles round trip to see my FIL who, for reasons I'm not going to share, was by himself today.  DS adores his Grandad and as he went through the front door of my FIL's house, he said, "Hello, Grandad.  I'm so pleased to see you."
My heart just about melted.
We plan to visit again over Christmas, snowfall depending, but at least all the presents, cards and cranberry sauce have been delivered.  And as you can see, DS was just about worn out by the excitement of being with Grandad for a few hours.

7 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Such a cute picture.

Sian said...

Aah, a few minutes peace!

jamie said...

great embellie cluster. sweet photo too.

Kate said...

I love the picture it is so sweet.

humel said...

Oh, that's an adorable story and an adorable photo :-)

Bernie said...

Hope DS is feeling better Ruth and I loved how he greeted his grandfather, that is so special.
......:-)Hugs

Live a Life EXTRAordinary said...

Such a sweet pic and layout!