Saturday, 4 December 2010

December Daily ~ The 4th

Today was all about the PTA Christmas Fair that wasn't.
We turned up at the school's PTA Christmas Fair reasonably willingly this afternoon to find ourselves witnessing bedlam.
(DH did point out that I'd been used to Christmas Fairs run by schools in the UK's independent sector. They have more disposal income and can afford to offer amazing prizes in their raffles and the like. I'm sure the Fair wasn't that bad, really, it just wasn't like any I'd experienced before.)  The short version of the story is that we decamped to the local pub, where DS was thrilled to have an unexpected treat of a bag of crisps and half a pint of water!   I set out to tell one story and ended up with a totally different one ~ that's the magic of December Daily.  Christmas may be the star of the show, as it were, but the stories are mine.
Given that I was unable to take any photos at the fair (there was hardly room to get my camera out of my bag), I've used the program of events as illustration.

5 comments:

furrypig said...

Sounds interesting! I was involved in the PTA at the infant school my 2 attended for 6 years and it had its ups and downs but the Christmas Fair was always great fun though sometimes it may have seemed a bit crazy and I was always exhausted at the end of the day! Hope the pub was fun!

humel said...

Hooray for time to catch up here!! I've missed your blog :-) Forgive me for not commenting on all your posts but I have been back to read them. I love your thermal socks and the gorgeous photos of your boy, and your December Daily is looking gorgeous! And many congrats on finishing MeTAV, it's a super project. So good to catch up at last xx

Sian said...

I love the fact that it started out as one story and turned into another. Our Christmas Fairs were always very loud - I have to say that I do miss them a bit now that the kids are too big.

Liz said...

All the Fun of the Fair!! They can be a bit hectic and I found that being on the PTA put you on the less hectic side of the tables!!
Hope the pub was more relaxed :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Our fair isn't too crowded but the gym area they hold it in echoes and it gets so incredibly LOUD I get a headache

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...