Friday, 7 January 2011

Contrast & Compare


















This week,  I have searching out old family photos in readiness for getting stuck into Yesterday and Today.  I found a black and white photo of me on my 4th birthday.  We were living in Hong Kong at the time and that birthday is probably my earliest memory.  I showed the photo to my FIL and he immediately said, "When was this snap of {grandson} taken?"
See what you think.  The gorgeous shot of DS is his first official school photo, which was taken in November.

12 comments:

Mum said...

Some folk have always said that the young man looks like his mummy!!!!
That was your 4th birthday - the bike was green and came from what was known as the Commie Shop!!!!!!
All our yesterdays.........

Sian said...

I've always thought he was the image of you! Both cute pictures

Beverly said...

oh, he is definitely your child :)

Rhona said...

No mistaking whose child he is ;O) Love the photo comparison xx

Kirsty.a said...

Uncanny!

Photographing Mom said...

No doubt whose child he is!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I never realized you cloned DS! Oh, Ruth... the resemblance is uncanny. Love both pictures!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

The resemblance is so striking, Ruth! I always thought your little one looked like you, but it's amazing to see a photo of yourself at his current age. :o) You were just as cute as he is now! xo

Bernie said...

What a strong likeness you and your son have, you couldn't never deny him sweetie, gorgeous.....;-) Hugs

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

The Jackson genes are definitely there aren't they?

humel said...

lol! Well, I've already commented on the striking resemblance on another post, before I read this one!

Amy said...

I missed this post too, otherwise I would not have previously commented on his likeness to you - amazingly so!