Saturday, 22 January 2011

Design Your Life: Week 2 ~ Sketch 2

If you've just read the title and thought, "Hang on, I don't remember looking at week two's sketch one", don't worry.  It's just the way I've done things this week.
Week two has been all about what Cathy calls going off kilter ~ after week one dealing with symmetry, week two looks at asymmetry.
                                                               
Not equal yet balanced. One side is not visually equal to what I have on the other side ~ asymmetrical.
Note to self: don't stamp on a tag after you've adhered it to the LO with a brad.  Stamp before adhering! 

6 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I think your layout looks fab, Ruth. I really love the detail of the thin strip of patterned paper along the left side.

Happy weekend to you! xo

PS: Sorry for the deleted comment and for calling you Sian in it. ~sigh~ Coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

humel said...

Definitely balanced - it's a lovely layout :-)

I've done the whole 'stick something onto the layout BEFORE stamping or embellishing it' thing, too!

Amy said...

Well, you have done very well with this layout - I found this one to be the hardest one in the course - it never really clicked for me, but I don't make a lot of double pages anyway!

Rhona said...

I remember doing this layout - I love the way Cathy's designs always just work! Great layout Ruth xx

Denise said...

Lovely page,it looks very balanced to me! I've signed up for this class but haven't had chance to do any of it yet.xx