Saturday, 29 January 2011

Gadgets

I like gadgets as much as the next person, as long as they are easy to use.  My newest acquisition is a 35mm negative reader and, oh my goodness, it is so easy to use!
It's connects to my PC via a USB cable and that's it.  From 35mm negative to .jpeg image on your PC in a matter of moments.  You might just be able to make out the New York City skyline (the twin towers clearly visible) on the screen, which I took in 1995.  That box of negatives that came from my mum's house last year might just turn into a plentiful supply of photos for scrapping.  Taking part in Ali Edwards' Yesterday & Today class has got me thinking about the past ... a lot ... these last few weeks.

8 comments:

Rhona said...

I was given a photo scanner (same idea - USB to computer) but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looking forward to seeing how it works. I have lots of photos but not negatives. Amazing what you can do now and simple = very good in my books :) xx

Kirsty.a said...

What a great idea. I'll have yo see if my mum has any negatives

Debbie said...

Fab - does it work with slides too?

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I'm going to have to look for one of those around here!

Sian said...

A fresh supply of photos? Excellent!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Oh good. You'll have to bring it with you when you come up. Have you got Gran and Nana's negatives? There might be some photos of Mum and Dad hanging about.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I've never seen this type of gadget before but it's a great idea!!! How fun for you to have it. :o)

humel said...

That does sound easy - and also a great opportunity. The advantage of catching up your posts in reverse is that I've already seen that you've put this to good use xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...