Tuesday, 4 January 2011

One Little Word: A Beginning

Thanks to Ali's pre-designed opening page, I was able to put my album's opening page together very quickly last night.
My original idea was to have splashes of strong colour, but, once done, it didn't look or feel right.  You can't really tell, but the white cardstock has been sprayed with Glimmer Mist ~ Diamonds.  There's also a wee bit of stitching.  I deliberately chose butterflies for the embellishments, because they are somehow hopeful.  I read something today that is perfect to associate with my One Little Word ~ Better: You make your bouquet with the flowers within your reach.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Ruth that is stunning & very inspirational. Im thinking that maybe I should have joined in with the One Little Word :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

This is really pretty!

Jana said...

Love that you put your word on a page. Love the page. This is great.

debs14 said...

Great page. I love the simpleness and cleanliness of the white background.

Bernie said...

I don't have your creativity Ruth, but I really like this....:-)Hugs

Sian said...

Yep, that's a good one :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Very elegant, love the colour scheme. You are a delightful artist.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2011.

humel said...

Oh, this is lovely! And it's given me ideas for a little project I've started with my one little word, thank you to you and Ali xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...