Saturday, 1 January 2011

One Little Word

You may recall that at the end of December 2009, I posted about Ali Edwards and her One Little Word project.  I chose the word 'better'.  I'm not quite sure what I thought I would be doing with that one little word, but in the end nothing much happened with it.  Probably because I didn't view it as a scrapping project.
{Ali's word for 2011}
I'm assuming that Ali also let her word slip from the front of her mind, because this year she has created One Little Word in class format for BPC.  And lucky me, another of my Christmas gifts was this class.
I have decided to stick with 'better' as my one little word, as it is still a word that holds out hope and comfort for me and my family.  For me, my 'better' is to be a better wife, mummy, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister and friend.  By extension, 'better' is the one little word suitable for others in my family.  I have yet to decide just how much that side of my one little word will be included in future blog posts.  After all, I chose to blog about my life, they didn't and haven't.

8 comments:

Deb said...

I signed up for this class too, Ruth. Hopefully it will help me stay focused on my word this year. Now I need to decide what that word is! I have a few in mind, just haven't chosen yet. :o)

Debbie said...

Fab choice of word that can be transferred into all areas of daily life.

Liz said...

Happy New Year to the London division. With love from the Scottish Office xxx

The 52 weeks in B&W can be found here http://www.flickr.com/groups/52weekbw2009/

Sian said...

I haven't signed up for class because I'm doing the other one - but I do have a word for 2011 and it is "reach". Let's see how it goes!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I didn't realize she had a class for it now! My word is 'delight' this year.

Sandie said...

I'm still quite new to blogging so choosing a word for the year is a new concept to me. Not something I'd thought about before....
I have been reading Susannah Conway's blog and she introduced me to the idea. My word is 'intuition'.
'Better' is a very good word. Have fun with it, and I look forward to seeing how you use it in your blog.
Incidentally, Susannah also had an interesting link for choosing a colour for 2011. If you are interested here is the link:
http://www.susannahconway.com/2011/01/the-word-2/

Ann said...

Good choice of a word as it can be applied to all sorts of things throughout the year. Enjoy the class and I look forward to seeing your work here later ;)

humel said...

I'm not joining in the class, but I have chosen a word - I'm going with 'details' in 2011, and hoping to apply it in lots of different ways! Looking forward to seeing anything that you feel is appropriate to share xx