Saturday, 8 January 2011

Yesterday & Today: The Introduction LO

Firstly, my apologies for the rubbish lighting ~ what do you expect from photography late afternoon in January in London? This is pretty much a faithful copy of Ali's design, although I did add the wee birdie to disguise some dodgy machine stitching.  The montage on the LHS shows my parents on their wedding day (I felt that this needed to be included, because without them, I wouldn't have any yesterdays, would I?); me, aged 3, with haircut courtesy of my sister; me, aged 19, in the Falkland Islands; me, half an hour after giving birth to DS and DH and me at a wedding in 2007 (DS is asleep in his pram, out of shot, and the wedding took place in St. Paul's Cathedral).

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful LO

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Great LO. Good job I didn't go on to be a hairdresser I think!!!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very nice!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This is fabulous, Ruth. I must say that I have really enjoyed watching your style develop since I've known you this past year. Your work is just wonderful.

Love the photos you selected! Perfect!!! xp

Photographing Mom said...

Brilliant!!!

Sian said...

Ooh, what a fabulous start! I'm afraid I haven't got this far yet..

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cute as can be, Ruth! Love what you did here.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mum said...

I remember the haircut!!
Spookily, I have just scrapped the photo of you and DH at the wedding!! It's going to be an example for the next First Friday.
Trying to find something from the Scottish Office now!

Amy said...

This is excellent Ruth - and, DS is the spitting image of you at that age!

Denise said...

Oh bless - this is so lovely- hope you got my email re the Project Life link? x

humel said...

Lovely layout - and gosh, yes, you can see the resemblance between you and your DS!