Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Box Of Books

DH mentioned in passing last week that he'd won a box of books.  I asked him if they were anything to do with World Book Night (which Mel was involved in) and he confessed that he didn't really know.
The said box arrived this morning, quite early on, but as it was addressed to DH, I waited patiently for him to come home this evening.  And, boy, was I itching to get that box open in order to see what treasures lay within!
Just look at that!  All 25 titles from World Book Night!  Book lovers heaven!  So now you know what we will be reading for the rest of this year; but fear not, some titles will be offered up here on this blog.  After all, it's only right and proper that we pass on the titles.
BTW ~ we read The Reluctant Fundamentalist at my book group and the discussion was very lively.  So lively that it almost came to blows and 2 ladies actually stopped coming after that!  DS has appropriated Northern Lights because I told him that this story was behind one of his favourite films, The Golden Compass (known in our house as The Polar Bears).
That's it for now, I off to wallow in a box of books ...

12 comments:

humel said...

Wow, one of each? You lucky things! I'd love to read Toast (the Nigel Slater), it was my first choice to give away in fact but so many people wanted that title I got my second choice instead. Have you read The Curious Incident before? I have that one, very interesting. Gosh, that lot will keep you busy! Enjoy! xx

Sandie said...

Wow!! What a wonderful surprise. Not one book but a whole box full! Happy reading.... ;)

furrypig said...

wow what a fantastic prize! I have read a few of them including life of Pi, reluctant Fundamentalist and the Curious Incident. So many great books you have some great reading ahead of you enjoy xxx

Amy said...

Enjoy making your way through that box - bliss! :-)

Denise said...

Have fun !

Kirsty.a said...

I enjoyed The Curious Incident and Life Histories, but was underwhelmed by Life of Pi. don't know what else is on the list but what a win. I'll put reluctant fundamentalist on my (long) list of Want-to-Reads

Kirsty.a said...

Oh yes, I recently re-read Northern Lights. I didn't remotely 'get' it the first time, must have been a bad time (I think my daughter was in one her horrendous sleep phases) i enoyed it second tie round, so i want the rest f the trilogy now

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful prize....should keep you going for a while.

Rhona said...

What a fab prize, those'll keep you busy for a while :) Thanks for the link for the Project Life kit, I jumped in and ordered the Amber one. Now to decide when to start it - might go from my birthday this year to my birthday next year??
xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

What an awesome prize!

Lizzie said...

Cool books! I've read some of these, but not all... time I got hold of the rest.
I missed out on the "win a box of books" thing - never in the right place at the right time, me!
Enjoy your reading!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Wow great win. I now know where to go for a book to read!!