Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Project Life

I think that it has been clear that I have been looking for a year-long project to replace last year's 365:2010.  I am throughly enjoying Yesterday & Today at BPC, but that class ends at the end of the month (although I will continue to add stories and memories to it).  Likewise, One Little Word is also enjoyable, but ... it's not enough.
Cue a peek into my Stash Fund jar (I save up £2 coins in an attempt to end the guilt I feel when buying stash.  You know, because I've saved up ...) and, to my joy, it was looking fairly healthy.  So I've spent it on this ...
~ Project Life from Becky Higgins ~

Trouble is, I've had to order it from Canada, as there doesn't seem to be a UK distributor and amazon.com won't ship outside of the US.  I emailed Becky asking if she has any plans to venture into the UK market, so you never know.  I know that Denise ordered this from the same site I used (thanks for the link, Denise) and hers arrived safely, eventually, so I shall have to be patient.  If I'm really lucky, it might arrive in time for an April start.

7 comments:

Sian said...

A stash fund jar? I think I need one of those! This should be a wonderful project for you Ruth.

Kirsty.a said...

Looks right up your street

Amy said...

A stash fund jar is a great idea Ruth - I'll be really interested in what you think of the kit, it seems crazy that it is not distributed in the UK! I like the kit you chose - I'd go for that one. :-)

humel said...

Oh wonderful! I can just see you doing this :-) I was really tempted by it but I'm just hoping and hoping that it'll start being sold in the UK - maybe next year?

cate said...

love your stash fund jar, I'm collecting coins in a jar just because, but now I can give it a name!

I'm surprised about your info about amazon, I know many people in Australia who purchased project life through them, and I regularly-ish buy books...

Rhona said...

I've been eyeing the Project Life kits for a while but it's the cost of shipping that puts me off. I'd be interested in knowing the link you got yours from - somehow the kit makes it seem more do-able. xx

Denise said...

Woo hoo - I'm really glad you went for it.Mine took about 8 weeks in the end.(the quick postal option was a ridiculous cost!)
It's nice to have a year long project and nice to document the more mundane ( well-mine are !) parts of life to look back on x