Sunday, 20 March 2011

Using The Internet For Good

There's a whole world of filth and undesirable content floating around in cyberspace.  There's also a whole world of wonderful stuff floating around in cyberspace and one such place is here.
The lovely Deb at Paper Turtle (and her equally lovely daughter Carrie) has been organising a few of us to get together for an International Skype Crop.  And this afternoon, 3pm UK time, was when it happened.
And at the risk of sounding like a teenager, it was so cool!  Amazing!  As well as Deb and Carrie, I chatted with Denise (who I have met in real life at 2 Scrapagogo Retreats.  We sat opposite each other.) and her pal Deb (who has a beautiful hair style ~ I want mine to look like that), Mel (that's twice in less than a month I've been able to chat with her), Karen (a new blog friend for me ~ hello) and Rhona (who I also chatted with one-on-one via Skype before connecting up with the others).
We chatted for two hours.
It was the highlight of my weekend.  Thank you, ladies. 

11 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, new blog friend. It was absolutely awesome and so enjoyable to be able to speak and see people who I have only seen in photos before. Roll on the next time and your little man is just soooooooo cute. xxx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) We've been done chatting for several hours now and I'm still smiling!!! What a great way to end the weekend. And I'm SO glad your little man made an appearance too! xo

Rhona said...

Ruth, I think we are all feeling the same, it was so cool!! Lovely to get to chat to everyone and make some new friends too - I'm still buzzing now 4 hours later! Looking forward to chatting again soon :) xx

humel said...

I could have guessed you'd be first to share this big event :-) It was SOOOOO good to be part of it! Looking forward to next time xx

furrypig said...

What a cool idea! Sounds like you all had a blast... did you actually do any scrapping?? I think I would have wanted to chat to much to craft!

Amy said...

Ok, now I want to do a big boo-hoo that I missed this - what a bummer! I am very pleased to hear you all had a wonderful time and I am NOT surprised you all chatted for two hours! lol :-)

Bernie said...

What a great idea, so glad you had such a great time...:-)Hugs

Sandie said...

What fun!! I hope to hear more about it when I next see Karen.
It's a great way of 'meeting' and keeping in touch.

Carrie Rosalind said...

It was so great to "meet" you today, Ruth! I had a blast - so glad you could join us!

And your DS is SO cute! I loved hearing a 4-year-old with a British accent! :) It makes the accent sound even more awesome!

Sian said...

Maybe I'll be able to join you another time - it does look like so much fun.

I like technology but letters are still cool :)

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Sounds like you all had a great time :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...