Friday, 8 April 2011

Celebrating All That Is Good In The World Of Blog

Yesterday's prompt from Shimelle in Blogging For Scrapbookers was all about "playing nicely".  I looked back at what I wrote in November 2009 (and you can see that post here); in the 18 months since I wrote that post, I can truly say that I have only encountered the good from fellow bloggers.
The following names were randomly selected, so please don't feel hard done by if you haven't had a shout out.  Each and every one of you is appreciated.
There's Mel, who is lovely and funny and smart and everything you would want in a friend.  I was so pleased to be able to meet her back in February and she now even has her own scrap page.
There are Deb & Carrie, who are loving, generous, big-hearted and talented.  How can I manage a trip to Arizona?
There's Sian who is witty, knows how to tell a story, an awesome scrapbooker and, to my delight, meeting me in May.
There are Robyn and Amy, who are generous with their support, encouragement and advice.  And scrap like me, if I may be so bold as to compare myself to them.
There are the ladies I chatted with recently thanks to Deb and Skype.
And there are all of my readers.  Some openly follow my blog, some don't, some never comment, some comment frequently.  You have all encouraged the way this blog has grown in style (I hope) and substance.
Thank you, one and all.

5 comments:

Kirsty.a said...

Thanks for the link to Robyn's blog. It's lovely - another one I'll be following from now on

Sian said...

It's always a pleasure to visit your corner of blogland Ruth :) And I'm very much looking forward to meeting you in May x Keep on blogging!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

~sigh~ Silly me this morning being emotional about this blog post! You have summed up the reason that I blog too, Ruth. And the friendships I have made along the way have been such a pleasant surprise {blessing}.

It's been wonderful to see the progression of your blogging and scrapbooking styles in the past year+ that we have been blog friends. You have so much to be proud of, and I'm honored to be witness to that!

Have a great weekend, my friend! xo

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

your welcome! reading your blog is one of my favorite things

humel said...

Oh, Ruth - thank you! I was getting fed up and frustrated because Blogger was messing me around, but I'm so glad I persevered, because FINALLY after a good 15 minutes of closing windows and reloading them, I was able to view your blog properly and to find this post.... Well worth it :-) Thanks again, my friend xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...