Monday, 4 April 2011

Design Your Life: Week 4

It's been a while since I posted about Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class, which now runs as self-paced on BPC ~ two months to be exact.  I decided to put it to one side while Yesterday & Today was in progress, as I could easily see myself becoming snowed under with scrapbooking tips, advice and whatnot.
Week 4 is a continuation of week three's theme ~ repetition.  Only this time, Cathy suggested making a same-design-throughout mini-book ~ based on 5 facts about yourself and people in your family.

These pages have worked out at 8x8.  I plan to ask DH to write out his own 5 facts and thought I would create pages for my mum, sister, BIL, nephew, brother & SIL.  I'm wondering whether to include a retrospective page about Dad and my grandparents.  I also thought I might branch out, as it were, and include pages for my aunt, uncle, cousins and cousins' husbands and children.  I'll be seeing the extended family in the summer so all I have to do is remember to ask them for their facts.  And given that 2011 is a UK Census year and I research my family's history, I thought I would add the completed mini-book/album to my family history archive.  And then may be do it all over again in another 10 years.

12 comments:

Sian said...

Now that sounds like a plan :)

Cheri said...

Your "5" minibook sounds like it could be a maxi book by the time you are done!

Carrie Rosalind said...

I LOVE these layouts - such a great idea! And I love the idea of making a book with all of your family...I might have to start on one of those myself!

furrypig said...

in theory that is such a simple idea but in reality it is completely fantastic! I love the idea of reviewing it all in 10 years!

Beverly said...

I love projects like this. I have thought itso often over the years but rarely folow through. I did video interviews with the boys years ago and realy treasure hem. There are so many peopl already gone that I wish I had taken the time to get even "just five" from. It will be great to have in your family archives.

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

I started with 5 things for you but now I'm up to 12!!!! You can take your pick :0)

Karen said...

What a fabulous project Ruth.

Michelle said...

Cute layouts :)

Melissa said...

I like the grid design on those 8x8 pages. What a fun mini-album to have all these little facts and memories about so many family members. Let us know how it turns out.

Alison said...

I like the idea of reviewing it all in another ten years
Alison xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ruth ~ You are the epitome of what scrapbooking is all about. Your attention to detail and documentation come together so beautifully. I hope you realize what wonderful keepsakes you are creating for your family. I love these pages!!!

humel said...

What a lovely, lovely idea! How fabulous that you took Cathy's simple and gorgeous project and turned it into something so very special xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...