Thursday, 28 April 2011

Scrapbook On The Road: MiniBook

Just over a month ago, I mentioned making a minibook for my Auntie to have as a reminder of our Family History Research weekend away.  That weekend is now a little over a mere three weeks away.  Thing is, I've altered a minibook (a ready made one from 7Gyspies) and I love it so much, I'm going to have to do another one for myself.  Doh!
I wouldn't normally cover a front cover with stickyback plastic, but I've a feeling that this book, when complete, will be handled by family members a lot.  The destination is blocked out because it is the city where Sian lives and she prefers that not to be common knowledge.  Absolutely fine by me.
The paper is from the 12x12 pack that came with my Project Life kit.  I love the colours and design of it.  I made pockets for journaling cards (available from Ali Edwards) ...
and a Fiskars punch (Waterfall, maybe?) to jazz up pages ...
and I made a whole page pocket for postcards, leaflets, receipts and the like to go in.  The result giving me non-standard size pages, which I rather like  ...
The smallest pages are just over 2" and I thought they would be ideal for journaling quotations.  The very first page will have "Connecting the Past to the Present and the Future..."
The idea is one borrowed from Ali Edwards, again, and her Scrapbook on the Road suggestion.  Scrapbooking at its most simplest ~ love it.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh it is fantastic Ruth - yes, you had better make another! The weekend sounds like a great one to look forward to :-)

Sandie said...

Oh I love this Ruth. Hand made albums really get me excited, add family history into the mix and I get even more excited.
This is a wonderful gift for your aunt and I can see why you want another for yourself!

Cheri said...

When you mix 7 Gypsies and Ali Edwards, then end result can only be scrappy wonderfulness! I need to go sign up for that class!

Sian said...

It's fabulous! You definitely need to make another one, at least.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This mini-book is awesome, Ruth! I love the colors and design. I hope you'll show it again when it's filled with stuff! xo

furrypig said...

fab scrapbook can yu make us all one???!!!

Jo said...

That is a gorgeous mini book