Tuesday, 10 May 2011

The Diesel Shop

Another challenge from Shimelle at the weekend was to scrap the story behind the photo.  I chose a photo of me refuelling our car.
I've talked about driving in London before: here and here.  It just isn't something that I do.  I either walk or use public transport to get to wherever I need to be.  However, once out of London, I get behind the wheel and am always surprised at how much I actually enjoy driving.  It's also something I do well, having been taught by the RAF.
It was while I was looking at this photo (on my nephew's phone, don't you know) that I realised something.  It was the first time in 5 years of owning the car that I went to the garage and did the refuelling.  It's something that DH always does.
Oh, and the Diesel Shop is what DS calls the garage.

7 comments:

Sian said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! This is something I owned up to on another blog not long ago. I don't know how it started, but my husband always puts petrol in my car for me.

What an excellent phone photo. Being able to use on the go photos like this really expands the scrapping possibilites.

Cheri said...

I hate pumping gas... wish someone would regularly fill my tank!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I always love when I get a little bit of British education in your blog posts, Ruth. :o) It's interesting to know that you rarely drive, because I drive EVERY day, AND I fill my own tank at the gas station (rather than the diesel shop).

It's a cute photo of you, and the layout is lovely too.

Cheryl said...

what a fab story and LO x

furrypig said...

A great example of the stoy behind a photo making a really interesting page. I actually didn't drive my hubbys sports car the other week as it needed petrol and I had no idea how to fill it up!!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

And a great job you did too. Of both the refuelling and the LO :0) xx

Beverly said...

I love how following bloggers from other English speaking countries can be an education in language :) I'm from the southern US. I first thought it was a store for Diesel brand jeans, once I had that figured out you threw in garage which to me is a place where car repairs are done (usually locally owned by some good ole boy). When they first were converting to self service at the gas stations here I was young and cute and would con the guys working there to do it for me. I've now been pumping my own gas for over 25 years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...