Sunday, 22 May 2011

Perfect Days

Oh, my.  I am buzzing from my weekend away.  The city of my Grandfather's birth is awesome and her people are wonderful ~ so welcoming, so friendly and so very full of laughter.  
And my very favourite person in this wonderful city?  Sian, of course.
When I told Sian that I would be visiting her city, she immediately issued an invitation to visit her and her fabulous family.
That it had rained most of the day?  No matter.  That it was blowing a gale and quite cold?  No matter.  In Sian's home there was warmth, welcoming smiles and much laughter.  The Tall One and The Not So Small One are brilliant examples of teenagers ~ polite, personable, inquisitive and more than willing to indulge their mum and her blog friends.  Somehow, The Accountant avoided appearing in any shots, I'm not sure how that happened.  It's a shame you can't see him here, because he is very handsome.  Auntie was in some shots, but asked not to be "blogged". 
There's more I want to say, but at this late hour, I just can't think straight.

12 comments:

Alison said...

So glad you enjoyed your visit Ruth and that the rain didn't spoil it for you!
Alison xx

furrypig said...

looks like a great meet up can't wait to hear mor abot yor trip xxx

Kirsty.a said...

Sounds like a lovely trip. Look forward to seeing the scrapped results

Sian said...

Ruth, it was such an absolute pleasure: the best rainy day we have had in a very long time! We are all hoping you will be back soon, there are so many things I wanted to talk to you about and then forgot about!

A lovely day we will all remember x

Sian said...

It's me again. I just made a little print out off this post so that I can keep it :)

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Found your blog courtesy of Sian and have become your newest follower! I see you are taking the Mother LOAD class? I can't wait for that one to start!

Karen said...

Loved Sian's take on the day out and love yours equally as much. It is so heart warming when cyber friendships live up to their primise in real life.

debs14 said...

I wondered when your version of the day would appear in blogland! Sounds like you had a lovely visit, and Sian definitely needs to rename 'The Small One'.

Rhona said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time with Sian and her family and also in the city in general. xx

angelfish said...

I red Sian's take on the day, so of course I had to come and read yours too. So glad you had such a wonderful time together:)

alexa said...

How wonderful! Glad you got to meet Sian, and that the day was such a success for you both and both lots of family members. Nice to see you together in the photos!

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Sounds like you have a great time and I love that Sian is armed with her camera!!