Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Scrapbook On The Road: Second MiniBook

With just 2 days before I leave for my Family History weekend with my auntie, I have finally finished her minibook.  Why on earth did I think it was a good idea to make two minbooks for this trip?  Yes, you're correct, because I knew I wouldn't be able to give it away.  I used the Laurel range of patterned paper from Scenic Route throughout.
The first page, cut in two in order to make a pocket for journaling.
A rare photo of my very handsome Grandad on the reverse.  I only saw this photo for the first time in February.
 An even rarer photo of Grandad's family; that's him, the baby.
A snap of my mum and auntie from the 1950s holidaying in their dad's home city.  Mum is on the right.
You can see the book I made for me to keep here.

9 comments:

Rachel B said...

What a gorgeous album! I love the papers you have used :)

Sian said...

It's fantastic Ruth. You did indeed have a very handsome Grandpa

Amy said...

I hope you have a great weekend Ruth, the book is really fantastic and yes, Grandpa was a handsome man indeed :-)

Rhona said...

I love the papers you've used in this book - I wouldn't want to give this one away either ;-) What a lovely idea to include a few photos for your Aunt and what a great one of your Grandad! Hope you have a wonderful weekend away :)

Ladkyis said...

As one family history addi..... hobbyist to another, I know your plan of action is written out and you have contacted all the repositories you intend visiting, just to make sure they are open so take loads of phototgraphs and keep that notebook ready for when Aunty starts to reminisce - have a great time

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

This book is great, Ruth. You are so fortunate to have all those wonderful photos to use! Enjoy your weekend...can't wait to hear all about it! xo

Sandie said...

I SO LOVE this album. Your aunt will be so pleased with it. Have a great time together.

Alison said...

They are great books Ruth...hope you get good use of them at the weekend
Alison xx

furrypig said...

I really liked the first scrapbook but I love this one! Fab pagesand the photos are wonderful. May I ask about the green bird embellishment? Did you make it? It looks like an embossed/die cut nd it is fab! Have a really special and memorable wend, with your aunt and visiting the lovely Sian xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...