Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Design Your Life: Week 8

Week 8 is a continuation of designs using emphasis as the focal point.The 1st example shows how by placing the focal shot (7x5) on a large mat and positioning at the bottom, the eye is drawn away from where it would naturally fall ~ the top.
Example #2 shows that the drama of a big photo is undeniable.  This is something that I've never really considered before, but it does actually pack a punch.  Paired with a simple design on the opposite page, the eye is drawn exactly to where you want it to be.

My goodness, just how much faffing was that to get the photos uploaded.  I'm beginning to think about Wordpress in a new light ...  

7 comments:

humel said...

There, I knew the layouts would be worth waiting for :) They're both gorgeous, Ruth - that big photo is stunning! xx

Miss Smith said...

Lovely pages, and that big "happy days" picture is amazing!

Alison said...

I'm never brave enough to use BIG photos...maybe now's the time to try?
Yours are both superb Ruth
Alison xx

Sandra said...

I adore big photos, you get such a wow layout, just like this one

Sandie said...

Thanks for the tips, Ruth. The big photo is indeed stunning. I love the impact of larger prints.

Karen said...

Love that happy photo because just looking at it makes me feel happyxxx

Sian said...

..or Typepad. I'm starting to think the same way myself.

The big photos are amazing! I need to use them more often..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...