Shimelle is hosting a new monthly featured called, yep, you've guessed it, ten things. Ten things about anything at all on the 10th of the month.This month, for my opening gambit, I've gone with 10 landmarks of my adopted home city of London. Next year, the eyes of the world will be on her during the Olympic Games (anyone actually successful in the ticket ballot?) and I thought this would be a perfect time to show you a city of fabulous architecture (both old and new), open space and living history.The images are not in any particular order; they're all great favourites with me and mine.
1) Swiss Re building at St. Mary Axe, City of London:
2) British Museum, home of the Elgin Marbles and the Rosetta Stone:
3) Natural History Museum, great for children and free of charge:
4) Tower of London, home to the Crown Jewels and where Henvy VIII disposed of 2 of his wives:
5) Royal Albert Hall:
6) Albert Memorial:
7) Palace of Westminster, the home of democracy:
8) The Mall:
9) Kew Gardens:
10) Routemaster Bus, much missed by Londoners:
I hope you've enjoyed this small taste of London. Hop on over to Shimelle to find other lists of 10 Things.