Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Thankful Thought: No. 5

This week, I've been glad to see Nature doing her thing in the heart of the urban, concrete jungle that is London.  I came across this wildflower bed when walking the dog on Sunday morning.  It was chilly and pouring with rain.  No-one else was foolish enough to be outside.  We came around a corner and were greeted with this most glorious sight.
Thanks, as ever, to Ali Edwards for her generosity.

And don't forget to check out this post ~ especially if you entered the draw for a book.

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

How beautiful.

Rhona said...

How wonderful - I love the red of the poppies in amongst the other flowers :) xx

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

They're beautiful. When I get my country cottage I want a section like that!!

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning Ruth.

Amy said...

Yes, but it is only the brave who get out on a morning like that who get to see something like this - beautiful Ruth!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

SOOOOO pretty, Ruth! I was thinking as I looked at this picture how we don't have red wildflowers in Arizona...something that never occurred to me.

~sigh~ Another reason that Carrie will want us to make a trip to London... ;o)

Sandie said...

I SO love poppies Ruth. I can imagine your joy at coming across them in London. Thank you for the overlay link. It does add to your photo.

Beverly said...

What a wonderful treat for being out on a rainy morning. The photo is fab :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...