Tuesday, 5 July 2011

SAG Challenge #3

Over on the SAG blog this week, Nicole has set the challenge.  And reminiscent of Design Your Life, Week 9, wouldn't you say?  All those lines and blocks.
There's a story to go with these photos, but it's one that isn't for sharing.  I put the bottom photo on a hinged flap and put the journaling underneath and held it closed with a photo anchor.  I will say this ~ the drama that this boy found himself caught up in lead me to the closest I've ever come to resigning from a job on a point of principle.  I was dissuaded from doing so by my Head of Department, as he rightly pointed out that no future employer would ever believe my reasons for resigning.  He spoke from experience and I found another job a term later.
Oh, and you should check out Nicole's blog, you won't be disappointed.  She's straight there into my Google Reader.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love it Ruth ... and I can't believe that I did not think to use those strips for journaling!

I'm glad you found Nicole's blog, it is pretty fantastic! Thanks for joining in so enthusiastically with our challenges, we love having you contribute!

nicole s said...

Wow, great page! I haven't seen the "Design Your Life' series, so any similarities are purely coincidence!
I would love to here the full story on this page, being about dancing and all makes me interested, but I understand that some things just aren't public sharing things!!

Emma said...

Love your page! The full story sounds interesting! Great idea with the flap to hide the journaling but still being able to tell the story. Thanks for taking part.

Sian said...

It certainly sounds like a story well worth recording!

Heather said...

I was reading this too quickly & couldn't understand why it led you to the closet! Sorry :)
Its a shame you can't explain the story in full but its perfectly understandable when other people are involved. xx

Melissa said...

What a good idea to put the journalling behind a flap. Great page.

JulieJ said...

Love how your LO turned out - I want to go back and redo mine now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...