Friday, 2 September 2011

The MotherLOAD Marathon: Day 1

I've been a little quiet in regard to blogging about the MotherLOAD class of late ~ too busy being mummy/tour guide/entertainments' officer/etc.  But that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it.  And as of 1st September, things have stepped up a gear.  As in, I've reached the marathon part of the class and am supposed to produce 26 layouts over the next 26 days.  Yep, that's a huge about of scrapping time, isn't it?  Day 1 was classified as Thoughtful Thursday and the prompt suggested thinking about a goal or an inspiration.  These two things that have been on my mind a lot these last few weeks.  And I mean, a lot.  DS starts full-time school next week and I'm already worrying, like all mums, about the what if scenarios.  Added in to that mix are my aspirations, hopes and dreams for DS and it's these thoughts that I used on my layout.
I went for the keep-it-simple approach and I think that the overall finished look works quite well.  If you click on the image, you should be able to read the journaling.

6 comments:

Amy said...

It is beautiful Ruth, the start of school is such an exciting time - but with some many mixed emotions attached!

Alison said...

Great LO Ruth...and the journalling is exactly what we should all wish for our children. Will be thinking about you as DS goes off on the next part of this great adventure called life!
Alison xx

Sian said...

It's lovely. I hope it doesn't sound too corny to say that doing LOAD will give you something else to think about - but I did find a distraction helped in the first few weeks. I spent a lot of time in Waterstones when TSO started, trying not to think about what she was doing!

Best of luck to you both x

Cheri said...

beautiful LO Ruth. And I'm sure trying to keep up with the MotherLOAD will keep your mind occupied and your hands busy!

Karen said...

I really like this Ruth, especially your journaling. The first few weeks are hard and I found the hardest thing was not knowing what Gracia had done all day and she was very reluctant to tell me so we compromised and I used to ask "What was the best thing that happened today and what was the worst" and learnt to be satisfied with what every answer she gave.

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Lovely LO. I'm sure DS will love looking at it in years to come. He'll be fine next week. They always are, it's us that are the gibbering wrecks. Lots of photos please xxx