Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Happy Mail

Happy Mail.  We all like to receive post that doesn't come in a brown envelope or have a window in it, don't we?  Thing is, as much as I love receiving Happy Mail, I actually get a bigger kick out of sending it.
This morning, in between waving DH off to work (proper client-facing work, as opposed to working from home), taking DS to school (French this morning and PE this afternoon), walking the dog and sorting through five loads of laundry, I sat down at the kitchen table, armed with a cuppa and a Custard Cream to help the thought process, and wrote six cards/postcards to send off around the world.  England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Eastern seaboard of the US and Australia ~ gotta love the Royal Mail.
And I wrapped an (early) birthday present for mum, as I'm seeing her next week.
Now it's back to the remaining chores and lunch ...

14 comments:

Cheri said...

and isn't it just crazy fun to have friends all over the globe to send mail to??? I love blogging!

Sian said...

You definitely have a talent for sending it :)

Lulu said...

Liking the Phoenix notecards! Let me know when you need more, wink wink!!

Robyn said...

Is it rude to say that I totally have my fingers crossed?! :)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

And I can say first hand that you are the Queen of Happy Mail, Ruth! You always make things so personal and special! xo

debs14 said...

No matter how good emails and texts are at making contact with people, there's still nothing quite like a letter or package in the post to make you smile!

Beverly said...

This a big mailing out week for me as well, 52 Weeks of Mail has me inspired :)

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Oooh does Scotanad mean we might be on the recieving end? Did H get his Happy mail from Samuel last week?

Cheryl said...

I love happy mail, and so lucky of you tooo have so many friends all over the world x

humel said...

What Sian and Deb already said! I clicked 'comments' to say just that - you have a real talent for sending happy mail xx

Sandie said...

Real mail is such a treat to send and receive. Some lucky people will be having it land on their doorstep soon x

Amy said...

I agree, you are certainly an expert in sending fantastic Mail Ruth!
Don't you think it is amazing that our young people are off with such a great school itinery? I giggle to myself when the young lass here pronounces what she has done or what 'subjects' she will take during the day!

Denise said...

There's nothing like a bit of 'real' mail just for you is there? x

Anne said...

I love your mentality, Ruth, you must be a delightful person to meet. I absolutely agree with you. Giving is much more fun and rewarding than receiving. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...