Monday, 24 October 2011

Northern Soul

Although I no longer live in my home town and haven't done so for over 20 years, I always enjoy visiting our nearby city.  There was a time in the 80s when it was in the news frequently for all the wrong reasons.  Now, in the 21st Century, it's making headlines for the right reasons ~ it's been a European City of Culture, part of it has been listed as a World Heritage Site and today I learned that a particularly famous landmark actually came into being in 1671.  
1671.  Hard to imagine. 

3 comments:

humel said...

I didn't know that! Love your photos, Ruth xx

Kirsty.a said...

That first photo is brilliant

Rhona said...

Great photos - love the first one! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...