Thursday, 13 October 2011

The Power Of Making At The V&A

You may have heard about this exhibition at the V&A from Shimelle's blog back in early September.
Some judicious planning from me this week enabled me to find a free morning to hot-foot it up town.  Despite being full of noisy youngsters with worksheets, it was well worth a visit.  However, no photography was allowed, so you'll have to check out Shimelle's post for the details.  I have presumed that as Shimelle went to a preview, no camera restrictions were in force then.  Lucky girl.
I always forget that within 30 minutes of entering the V&A, the forced-air environment gives me a terrible headache.  Which probably explains why I don't go that often.
Stopping for a cuppa in a vaulted space like this helps ...
 ... as does the opportunity to break up the sensory overload by stepping out in to this ...
I plan to revisit this exhibition before it closes at the end of January; I'm sure there's loads that I missed.

4 comments:

Rhona said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your morning despite the headache. Love the photos - don't know if I'll get a chance to visit this one or not, will have to see if I can make a plan ;-)

humel said...

So pleased you managed to get along :) I'd love to see it myself - wondering if we can squeeze in a trip before it finishes!

Amy said...

Another fine reason for me to make the trip to London one day! The photos you have been able to take really capture the environment Ruth.

Karen said...

What a stunning photo your first one is - the composition is absolutely amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...