Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Weekend Crop ~ Classes Five & Six

Class 5 on Sunday morning was another from Elaine, although much less fiddly cutting out.  The papers used were really strident in colour and design, something I never would have chosen myself, but I think the end result looks fab!
The final class of the weekend was offered up by Sandie.  The perfect selection of papers for me to use just now.
Things I learned ...
  • Travelling to the venue by train really makes you think about what you need to take with you, as opposed to what you want to take with you.
  • Scrappers are an extremely friendly bunch of people.
  • Liquid ink can go an awfully long way.
  • Poking a needle down your thumb nail really, really hurts.
  • A paper piercer will be a good investment.
  • April Showers & Storybook Cricut cartridges are going on my Christmas list.  
  • Pleating cardstock is much easier if you scrunch it up first and then fold over and under.
  • I can do it all over again in late February.  

8 comments:

Sian said...

Yes, I only bought a paper piercer about 6 weeks ago - worth every penny!

That top layout especially is fabulous - I love the strong contrast and it all seems to go together so well

Rhona said...

These are great layouts Ruth. The top one is not necessarily the type of paper I would buy either but I love the way the layout turned out. As for DS's layout, super cute and perfect papers/accents x

debs14 said...

That second layout in particular is just absolutely perfect! Sounds like you had a great time (despite the injury!)and not tooooo long until the next one!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Wow, Ruth, these are gorgeous layouts! I loved the photos of your hubby and DS when you posted them before...so glad to see them land in such lovely layouts.

I have a paper piercer that I really love - it's a Tim Holtz brand and retracts into the handle for easy (and safe) storage. :o)

Alison said...

Sounds (and looks) as though you had a great weekend Ruth!
Alison xx

humel said...

Super layouts, Ruth :) Ouch at the needle, though! I have the Tim Holtz pokey tool for paper piercing, and it's really good. I can recommend it!

Amy said...

Ruth, you could have made a LSNED for this weekend! A scrapbooking weekend away sounds like a lot of fun and you were certainly very productive! :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

These are wonderful, Ruth!

XO,

Sheila