Thursday, 10 November 2011

10 Things

Welcome to 10 scrapbook related things on the 10th ...
1: Seeing your friend's name in print in the new Scrap365 magazine is worth the cover price alone.  Not to mention, really cool.
2: Living in your country's capital city does not guarantee easy access to scrapbook stores.  In fact, in the case of London, the opposite is true.
3: Using bleach on a project is scary, but well worth the end result.
4: Ordering a kit direct from the USA means it may not arrive before Christmas;  this is not ideal when you want it for your Christmas project.
5: Liquid ink can go an awfully long way.
6: Poking a needle down your thumb nail really, really hurts.
7: A paper piercer is a good investment.
8: If you're going to faff with a paper piercer, then you might as well actually sew.
9: Pleating cardstock is much easier if you scrunch it up first and then fold it over and under.
10: Just because some of the mums at school are American and Australian does not automatically mean that they scrapbook; this is disappointing.

If you'd like to read more lists of 10 Things, then hop on over to Shimelle's place.  There will be plenty going on.

13 comments:

Amy said...

I am most disappointed that the Australian contingent doesn't scrap ... I mean really, what rock is she under?! ;-)
If magazine availability in newsagents is any indication, then I am not surprised that there aren't many of us out there .... they are hard to come by down here, even CK these days.

Lynn said...

Love your list - especially agree with no 1 and also having done no 6 several times would have to agree with no 7!

Sandie said...

Ruth - so sorry! In my daydream I think I wrote Ann on my comment. My head is all over the place this morning.. best get the glue and paper out to switch it off!

Sian said...

Ha :) Thank you! Pleating cardstock is much harder than it looks all right - I have leaned this to my cost. Ditto the paper piercer

Getting a mention on a friend's blog is pretty cool too

Annette said...

Hope your December Daily kit arrives in time! It looks wonderful. Am thinking I should have ordered it but oh well. Will use my stash this year.

Alison said...

I would have been expecting the American mums certainly to have been scrappers...I share your disappointment!
Alison xx

Kirsty.a said...

Good list. I especially love your last layout, 'Three'. So so pretty

Alana said...

Ditto the scrapbooking supplies shoPs in London.... What's that about? Not many in Herts either. They all seem to be up north somewhere. Liked your other 10 things too btw.

Becky said...

Hope your kit arrives in time! Love your ten things, great post :)

jennifer said...

I think scrapbook stores are pretty scarce all over aren't they? I always order online!

I hope your december daily kit gets to you in time, it looks great. I am determined to use up old xmas stash this year, then I'll allow myself to buy new stuff next year! x

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Scrapbooking is less mainstream in America than it seems online. I only know two people in real life who scrap

Amy Lynne said...

I love your layouts, they are so cute! I wish I was the American mum at your children's school....I would love to be your fellow scrapbook friend! Cute list...you made me giggle with the paper piercer. I've so done that myself. ;)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

This is a fun list of 10, Ruth! I had to smile at your #10 about American and Autralian scrapbookers. The majority of women I know here in the US are NOT scrappers. Wish we lived closer - I'd definitely scrap with you!!! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...