Wednesday, 14 December 2011

December Daily: The 13th

The day Cinderella went to the Ball ... no, not really, that's this Friday.  The day I went on my first parent-helper trip to the Chickenshed production of Cinderella.  It was all a bit too much right-on for my taste, but I did enjoy the ensemble pieces towards the end.  And wouldn't you know it ~ the size of the program was perfect for scanning and using in December Daily.
I blatantly copied Ali's idea for today, although hers looks much better!  Stitching is a bit dodgy and I think my red Stazon ink is on its last legs.  I suspect that this will be the day I like least in the completed album.
You know what I learnt today?  That young NQTs need to be more assertive and to cut out the over-the-top-I'm-going-to-be-sick-myself  attitude when attempting to hinder help a senior member of staff in clearing up the full frontal vomit from a six-year-old.  Move aside, Miss ...
And Elvis?  On the mantelpiece.

4 comments:

Sian said...

Sounds like you are really throwing yourself into the parent-helper role :)

Kirsty.a said...

Panto and vomit - not my idea of a great day at work

elinjanne.com said...

The vomitis hard to avoid at the moment:)
Me? Clean up? I wonder if I could do that....
I like your pages!

Amy said...

Oh yerkkk! Vomit is never fun to deal with, but at the panto? Oh dear ... not good. I nearly had a child vomit in my face this past Tuesday when I was in TEYO's class ... had to do a quick side step as he said he was feeling sick.

And, go easy on yourself with the page okay? I think it looks great and it will add great interest and contrast through your album.