Friday, 2 December 2011

Military Wives' Choir

As you know, I'm a huge supporter of the British Armed Forces.
These ladies made me cry.
These ladies made me so very proud.
Of them.
And of their loved ones who put themselves in harm's way to protect the freedoms that we all enjoy.
Someone who is much loved by me and mine is currently serving in a place where dangers lurk at every turn.
The money raised from buying this single goes to the Royal British Legion and SSAFA Forces Help, two military charities who do so much to support our Armed Forces and their families.  The charity UK4U will send a Christmas parcel to a serviceman/woman on operations over Christmas on your behalf.
Standing shoulder to shoulder.

4 comments:

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it and brings a tear to my eye. Not so good as I'm normally driving to work whilst it's on!!

Rhona said...

My Mum told me about the choir the other day but this is the first time I've seen them. What a beautiful song, it brought a lump to my throat. Thanks for putting the video up. xx

Ladkyis said...

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing. SSAFA did so much for my youngest son when he was suffering PTSD and his ex wife was determined to get the court to believe he was a danger to his children. We have supported them ever since.

Sian said...

J. was just telling me this morning that he had heard them on the radio yesterday morning and had to flip halfway through - because he thought he was going to turn up at a clients office with tears running down his face!