Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Photo a Day: 4th January

What I'm reading is a theme I plan to continue throughout 2012, probably once a month or so.  This wee pile all arrived for me at Christmas or just after.  The Brainy One gave me The Pillars of the Earth and A Daughter's Tale.  The Diamond Queen came courtesy of a book token from my FIL and it was half price in the post-Christmas sale.  Nikon D3100 for Dummies was from The Boy Child; a tome that will be dipped in and out of for the foreseeable future, I should think.  The Gentle Art of Quilt Making came from my SIL; she thinks I should add another string to my craft bow.  
The Pillars of the Earth was dramatised as a mini-series at the end of 2010 and shown on C4 here in the UK.  I thought it was superb.  The fact that it starred the delicious Rufus Sewell as Tom Builder is by-the-by.  Mary Soames is the youngest child of Winston Churchill who, some of you might know, is my hero.   
Plenty of happy reading ahead for me.
What about you?  What's holding your interest right now?

9 comments:

Beverly said...

The Pillars of the Earth is on my list for 2012. Right now I am reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and chapter 1 of The Happiness Project. My book club is doing the project over the course of the year, a chapter a month, the way the author has it laid out. It'll be a challenge for me since I am a straight through kind of reader.

Carrie Rosalind said...

I love seeing what other people are reading! Right now I'm reading this book called "Crossed," which is the second of a series (the first book is called "Matched"). I am not really enjoying it, but I'm so far invested after 1 1/2 books that I feel like I have to finish it!

Kirsty.a said...

I've just downloaded 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' onto my new Kindle. I've been meanoing to read it for ages

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

I'm reading Death Comes to Pemberley by P D James. I like it on my Kindle as I can't cheat and read the last page first!!!

Sian said...

Big fat biographies of Dickens. I'm on my second..

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I remember listening to Pillars of the Earth on cassette tape ages ago. I failed to see the mini series when it was on though. I'm working my way through Philippa Gregory's books on the Wars of the Roses right now

alexa said...

I find reading fiction really unrewarding at present... I've been given the Happiness Project for Christmas and am looking forward to seeing you I - and others - think of it!

Ana Magdalena said...

Great list, I have been reading Jodi Picoult novels during my school break. I love her writing style... It's so detailed.

www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

Ladkyis said...

I read the Henrietta Lacks book last year and found it fascinating. I have just read 'Sherbet Lemons and Dolly Blue' which is a family history turned into a story. It is quite well done considering how difficult it is to flesh out the few recorded facts. Next I will read something by Debbie Macomber, because her books are light and rarely cause panic attacks LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...