Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Photo a Day: 4th April

You would think, what with living in a city populated with 7.5 million people, life would be fairly noisy.
Normally it is.
However, yours truly has been partially deaf for the past 10 days and this afternoon I trotted up town to The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, an establishment of whose existence I was unaware of until yesterday.
Forty five minutes on the Tube.
To be told I'd been sent to the wrong clinic.
I need a different clinic.
I need an appointment, as it isn't a drop-in clinic.
And no, the nurse can't tell me when that appointment is likely to be.
Forty five minutes back on the Tube.
But it wasn't a totally wasted journey.
I picked up a pocket map of New York City at the Underground's bookshop {the one I already have has disappeared in the black hole that exists in our house}.
Just trying to find the positive in an outing that has taken up the whole of my afternoon.

11 comments:

alexa said...

Ouch! So sorry to read about your nearly wasted journey. :(. Are you planning a visit to the Big Apple?

Anne said...

Well done in turning a bad experience into a positive one !

Alison Roots said...

How annoying, glad you could find something positive in it all.

Ladkyis said...

I do hope you looked at her blankly then whispered "I have no idea what you said my sore throat has made me deaf, that's why I am here"

I would have been steaming - out of my ears!

debs14 said...

How frustrating! Hope you get it sorted soon. I once flew home from Tunisia with an ear infection and suffered for weeks with problems with my ears so you have my every sympathy. Hope you get an appointment, in the right place, very soon!

viv said...

What an annoying day for you. Are you going to New York soon?

Beverly said...

ugh how frustrating but glad you have the map in hand and don't have to bother going into the black hole. Hope they give you an appt soon!

Mum said...

Trying again! Glad you found a positive moment in a negative time.

Abi said...

thats very frustrating and annoying when that happens, at least you found the positive though!

Sian said...

Gosh, I hope you get this sorted out soon. I went deaf in one ear when my migraines were bad - no joke. I couldn't hear the doorbell. Let me know what happens!

furrypig said...

Ooh both Ruth's have hearing problems how interesting! I actually need referral to ENT again as not been seen properly since childhood we must compare notes sometime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...