Monday, 28 May 2012

31 Things: Day 11

Day 11 of Ali's latest class at BPC ~ 31 Things.  Ali describes the class thus: 31 Things is about capturing life right now but will be much more in-depth on a single daily subject than the documentation you might be used to with projects like Week in the Life or Project Life. This workshop is an opportunity to get specific pieces of your story told with the simple goal of telling more.  
Day 11| Nourish:
Ten facts about me and my interaction with food, be it buying, cooking or eating it.
1) Even after 7 years of living with The Brainy One I am still rubbish at meal planning.  I get brain freeze at the mere suggestion of "what shall we have for dinner?"
2) I have a varied collection of cookbooks and a pile of recipes torn from magazines and newspapers.
3) I'm best at food shopping if I have a list.  Visiting the supermarket wins hands down over on-line shopping.  It's easier if I can actually see, touch and feel what I am planning to buy.
4) I do most of the cooking, but The Brainy One is far better than me at making Bolognaise, pizza and Toad in the Hole.  I try to work them in to the weekly menu as often as possible. 
5) We eat a lot of foods regularly ~ chicken, rice, cheese & tomato based dishes, couscous, beef (mince or steak), lamb (steak), pasta, home made pizza ~ The Boy Child likes all of these.
6) My favourite food would be Italian ~ stone baked pizzas, giant ravioli stuffed with ricotta & butternut squash, baked mozzarella, panacotta.
7) I come from a family that has always eaten Chinese food, thanks to living in Hong Kong in the early 1970s and way before it was popular in the UK ~ beef chow mein, chicken chow fan, spring rolls, crispy fried wan ton, satay with peanut sauce.
8) I don't eat eggs or predominately egg-based dishes such as quiche and omelette.  They made me sick as a child.
9) My favourite vegetable is the humble sprout.
10) I have never eaten sushi, nor do I fancy the idea of it.

4 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the pic of your groceries!

Jo.C said...

Never heard of chicken chow fan - will have to look out for that. We have a fantastic Thai pub nearby that we love to frequent.

Alison said...

Like you, I have never had the desire to even try Sushi!
Alison xx

Amy said...

We are fortunate to have a wide variety of multicultural food to experience down here, especially South East Asian and Italian and Greek. I love sushi, if done well and I cannot shop without a list ... I even forget to get things on the list sometimes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...